Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fredericksburg, the James Monroe Museum Memorial Garden is a tranquil setting in which to hold an intimate wedding ceremony, reception or other special party. The garden is within walking distance of downtown restaurants and amenities, but is walled-in to provide privacy for your event.
Events may be held from April 1 through October 31. The space can accommodate up to 50 people (depending on seating arrangements).
Evening events must be held between the hours of 6 and 11 p.m.
Wedding Reception or Combined Ceremony/Reception
Rehearsal Dinner/Other Private Party
All prices include:
- Pro-rated cost of tent storage, delivery, set-up and break-down.
- Chairs and tables (linens can be included for an additional fee). *Chairs included in rental rate are white garden chairs. There will be an additional fee for other chairs.
- A rehearsal, by reservation.
- Free admission to the museum for guests during the time of the event.
- Two James Monroe Museum staff members for event coordination.
The renter is responsible for:
- Catering/bar service
- Lighting (a chandelier can be rented from the museum for an additional fee).
- Musical entertainment
Our special events staff can recommend vendors for these items.
For the bride and groom interested in a daytime event, the garden space can be rented for $200 (for a maximum of 2 hours). The event must be held during the museum’s open hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays, or 1 and 5 p.m. Sundays.
Please note: Since daytime events coincide with the museum’s open hours, we will be unable to restrict public access to the museum and garden during this time. Events held during the day should be limited to the ceremony only.
We know that weddings – and similar special events – are personal and unique, and we will be happy to work with you to help make your vision a reality! Please contact our Special Events Coordinator, Adele Uphaus-Conner, by e-mail or telephone (540.654.1123) with any questions.