Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fredericksburg, the James Monroe Museum Memorial Garden is a tranquil setting in which to hold an intimate wedding ceremony, reception or other special party. The garden is within walking distance of downtown restaurants and amenities, but is walled-in to provide privacy for your event.
Events may be held from April 1 through October 31. The space can accommodate a maximum of 40 people seated (depending on seating arrangements), or a slightly larger group for a non-seated cocktail reception.
Events must be held between the hours of 6:00 PM and and 10:30 PM. (Please see Guidelines and Restrictions page for more details.)
|Wedding Reception, or Combined Ceremony/Reception||$1,000|
|Rehearsal Dinner/Other Private Party||$600|
|James Monroe interpreter||$300|
|Harpist (please contact harpists directly from our Vendors page for details and scheduling.)||$200|
All prices include:
- Pro-rated cost of tent storage, delivery, set-up and break-down.
- Chairs and tables (Chairs included in rental rate are white padded garden chairs. There will be an additional fee for other types of chairs.)
- For wedding ceremonies: a rehearsal, by reservation.
- Chandelier for lighting under the tent.
- Free admission to the museum for guests for a portion of the event.
- Use of the Museum’s one public, handicap accessible restroom for the duration of the event.
- Three James Monroe Museum staff members for event coordination and management.
The renter is responsible for:
- Catering/bar service, including a Virginia ABC banquet event license if you are handling the bar yourself.
- Table linens
- Additional lighting, if desired.
- DJ or musical entertainment
Please see our Recommended Vendors page for local business who can help with your event.
We know that weddings – and similar special events – are personal and unique, and we will be happy to work with you to help make your vision a reality! Please contact our Public Programs Coordinator, Lynda Allen, by e-mail or telephone (540/654-2111) with any questions.