Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fredericksburg, the James Monroe Museum Memorial Garden is a tranquil setting in which to hold an intimate wedding ceremony, reception or other special party. The garden is within walking distance of downtown restaurants and amenities, but is walled-in to provide privacy for your event.
Events may be held from April 1 through October 31. The space can accommodate a maximum of 40 people (depending on seating arrangements).
Events must be held between the hours of 6 and 11 p.m.
|Wedding Reception, or Combined Ceremony/Reception||$800|
|Rehearsal Dinner/Other Private Party||$400|
|James Monroe impersonator||$100|
All prices include:
- Pro-rated cost of tent storage, delivery, set-up and break-down.
- Chairs and tables (Chairs included in rental rate are white padded garden chairs. There will be an additional fee for other types of chairs.)
- A rehearsal, by reservation.
- Chandelier for lighting under the tent.
- Free admission to the museum for guests during the time of the event.
- Two James Monroe Museum staff members for event coordination.
The renter is responsible for:
- Catering/bar service
- Table linens
- Additional lighting, if desired.
- DJ or musical entertainment
Our special events staff can recommend vendors for these items.
We know that weddings – and similar special events – are personal and unique, and we will be happy to work with you to help make your vision a reality! Please contact our Public Programs Coordinator, Lynda Allen, by e-mail or telephone (540/654-2111) with any questions.