You can now hold your wedding, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, family reunion or other private event at the James Monroe Museum! The museum’s garden is a beautiful and functional space for your next special occasion. Its features include:
- Custom-designed tent covering a paved patio area (measuring 17 x 22 feet for maximum seating of 40 people).
– Custom-built mobile catering units.
– Handsome, regraded patio.
– Pots and planter boxes for showcasing seasonal flowers and foliage.
– Walled-in garden for privacy.
– Free access to the museum for guests during the time of the event.
– Historic ambiance.
– Walking distance to downtown Fredericksburg amenities.
The garden’s intimate size (roughly 1,800 square feet) makes it the perfect choice for the bride and groom who want to celebrate their wedding in an elegant way that also minimizes stress and expense; the family marking a special birthday, reunion, anniversary, or other event; or the group wishing to hold a small reception or cocktail party.
Follow these links to find out more about rental rates and policies, and to see a gallery of images from special events at the museum. We are ready to work with you to make your special day a success!
Contact Public Programs Coordinator Lynda Allen by e-mail or telephone (540/654-2111) for more information.